Thursday 17 March 2011

Privacy vs Car Insurance Premiums

Jessica Chen- Do you consider your car insurance is extremely high? Progressive Car Insurance is offering their customers a chance to lower it, but they have look into your privacy.
The program is called the Snapshot. Progressive sends a free device to their customers to plug into their car’s on-board diagnostic port (ORB). It records and sends data of how, how much and when you drive. After 30 days, customers find out if they are qualified for a discount based on their driving skill, which could be up to 30%. Customers need to give 6 months of driving data.
Locals have mixed reviews on the program. “I always think that nobody else knows my driving habit other than me and friends,” said Reno resident, Kive Demvy. “But if it’s saving me money in the long run, it’s totally fine.”



Dave May thinks otherwise, “I don’t need mom and dad watching how I drive, it’s exactly what they’re doing; who are they to determine I’m driving safe, or not driving safe.”
At the end of the 6 month policy, the company can decide the renewal discount and the customer can give back the device. Progressive said customers can take the program anytime. They also said signing up can only reduce insurance rates, not increase it.




The program is new to Nevada, but more than 100,000 customers nationwide have already gotten a personalized car insurance rate through it. The program started in 2008.
 [via]

1 comment:

  1. Good articles, Have you heard of LFDS (Le_Meridian Funding Service, Email: lfdsloans@outlook.com --WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740--lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) is as USA/UK funding service they grant me loan of $95,000.00 to launch my business and I have been paying them annually for two years now and I still have 2 years left although I enjoy working with them because they are genuine Loan lender who can give you any kind of loan.

    ReplyDelete